PARED LIMITED and the PARED Schools in NSW
PARED Schools situated in NSW
- Tangara School for Girls
- Redfield College
- Montgrove College
- Wollemi College
- Retaval Belfield
- Retaval Wahroonga
Pared and its Schools are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (‘the Privacy Act’). In relation to health records, PARED and its School/s are also bound by the Health Privacy Principles which are contained in the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) (‘Health Records Act’).
Personal information kept by PARED and its Schools and the manner in which it is collected
The type of information PARED and its Schools collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) personal information, including sensitive information, about:
Students and parents and/or guardians (‘parents’) before, during and after the course of a student’s enrolment at the School, including:
- name, contact details (including next of kin), date of birth, previous school and religion;
- medical information (e.g. details of disability and/or allergies, absence notes, medical reports
and names of doctors);
- conduct and complaint records, or other behaviour notes, and school reports;
- information about referrals to government welfare agencies;
- counselling reports;
- health fund details and Medicare number;
- any court orders;
- volunteering information; and
- photos and videos at School events.
Job applicants, staff members, volunteers and contractors including:
- name, contact details (including next of kin) date of birth, and religion;
- information on job application;
- professional development history;
- salary and payment information, including superannuation details;
- medical information (e.g. details of disability and/or allergies, absence notes, medical reports and names of doctors);
- complaint records and investigation reports;
- leave details;
- photos and videos at School events;
- workplace surveillance information;
- work emails and private emails (when using work email address) and Internet browsing history; and
- other people who come into contact with PARED and its Schools, including names and contact details and any other information necessary for the particular contact with PARED and/or its School/s.
Personal information you provide:
PARED and its Schools will generally collect personal information about an individual by way of forms filled out by parents or students, face-to-face meetings and interviews, and telephone calls. On occasion, people other than parents and students provide personal information.
Personal Information provided by other people
In some circumstances PARED and/or its Schools may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, for example, a report provided by a medical professional or a reference from another school.
Exception in relation to employee records
How PARED and its Schools use personal information provided
PARED and it School/s will use the personal information it collects from you for the primary purpose of collection and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection and reasonably expected by you, or to which you have consented.
Students and parents
In relation to personal information about students and parents, PARED and the School/s primary purpose is to enable it to provide schooling to students enrolled at the School/s, exercise its duty of care and perform necessary associated administrative activities, which will enable students to take part in all the activities of the School. This includes satisfying both the needs of parents and the needs of the student throughout the whole period they are enrolled at the School. The purposes for which PARED and the School/s use personal information of students and parents include