COVID-19 Update Wednesday 12 August 2020
Thank you to the staff and parents who have contacted the school with messages of support. It has been a challenging and emotional period for the
whole Tangara family and we continue to stay focussed on the health and wellbeing of our students, families, staff and broader community.
What matters most is the health of all those affected by COVID-19 and the continuing safety of our school community and the wider community. Your
support continues to be overwhelmingly positive and is much appreciated at this time.
That said, we have also had a few questions which indicate a level of misinformation which needs to be clarified.
Three things to make clear:
- We have always followed the advice of NSW Health around COVID-19 and will continue to do so. Specifically, this has included guidance and advice
around extracurricular school activities and camps.
- Earlier this year, the school produced a COVID-19 response plan with the support and guidance of the Association of Independent Schools of
NSW (AISNSW). Over the past week, this was actioned with the ongoing support and guidance of AISNSW, NSW Health and the Dept of Education.
- Eremeran is a third-party provider of after school care, a homework centre and other activities and retreats for the community. Bookings are
undertaken directly with Eremeran and the school plays no role in organising or monitoring attendees.
Tangara’s premises will be closed until Monday 24 August unless there is further direction from NSW Health. This includes the junior school as
an additional precaution.
Some logistics for this period, subject to government health advice, are:
- Online schooling will continue, unless parents from the junior school cannot organise daily supervision, whereupon you can arrange for your
daughter to be on campus for classes.
- The Year 12 HSC trials have been pushed back one week but are still within the regular exam time window.
We have had the school professionally deep cleaned last weekend and there will be additional daily cleaning prior to the return of students.
We will continue to update the school community and hold briefings with staff to ensure any new information from NSW Health which requires a school
response or notification is communicated.
We cannot emphasise enough the importance of following all of NSW Health’s guidelines, especially at this time, to strictly observe the social
distancing rules and to retest the family for COVID-19 every ten days. It is also important that we take care in our communications so that
we do not unintentionally discourage people to test and retest.
We want to thank you for your positive support and prayers. It is truly remarkable during times of adversity to witness the unity and support of
the Tangara community. Please keep in your prayers those members of our school community and the wider community who have contracted COVID-19.
We pray for their safety and speedy recovery.
We want to assure you that the health and wellbeing of our students, staff, and families is our number one priority. The school is committed to
supporting all our students' needs during this period of closure. Our aim is to maintain a balance between looking after the wellbeing of our
students and ensuring the continuity of their learning.